Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's Out.

For the first time, in many months, Ryan and I can finally breath wihtout the burden of a secret.
Secrets. I don't like them.
They make things merky.
Secrets make things hard.
It has been so hard going through this alone.
It has been so hard taking each step alone.
It has been so hard not being able to come out and say our thoughts, our plans, our changes ahead.

But now, the news is out. Officially, last Friday (June 10) an email went out to the church announcing our newest journey.
This past Sunday, June 13 it was annouced from the platform that we would be venturing out on our own starting July.

HUGE sigh of relief.

Ryan and I have both grown up in the church.
We know the importance of timing and the sensitivtiy of change for a church.
BUT, it's so hard to keep such big life decisions from those we consider to be our closest friends.
Needless to say, we are sleeping better at night knowing people know...and support us.

The news is out.
The secret is no longer.
We are moving in five days.
Our time at the River Church is soon coming to an end.
Ryan is getting a job outside of the church.
We are not leaving the ministry.
We are not walking away from any calling. Not even close
Instead, we are following God's lead to go where HE wants us, to DO what HE wants of us and to be where HE wants us.
Yes, it's stretching.
Yes, it's a bit out of the box.
But Yes, it's all true.

Is the Secret any easier.
No......
My heart is still heavy about our house, but excited for the horizon ahead.
Leaving The River Church is bittersweet. It has been a beautiful four years of learning and love there.
Am I confident in the road ahead, well no.
BUT I am confident that God is with us.
His hand is in front of us,
and that is not a secret.

No....
Not everyone understands.
Not everyone supports us.
And that's OK.
Ryan and I know that this journey is meant for us.
We don't know the whys, and we don't expect everyone to agree with our decisions.
BUT, we know that we know this is our time.
It's OUR calling.
And we WILL follow.

Ryan and I have received so much positive feedback,
but even with the negative - I am reminded of a song my childhood congregation would sing after a baptisim.

"I have decided to follow jesus, I have decided to follow Jesus
no turning back. no turning back
.......Though none go with me, still I will follow....
no turning back, no turning back."

The journey has begun.
The secret is out.
We are pushing forward to be available for what God has set aside for us next.
Following HIS lead.
No turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment