Friday, June 18, 2010

Boxes.

We packed our house today.
90% of it is in boxes.

I'm exhusted.
I'm so tired.
Currently, I'm hungry,
Mostly, I'm sad.

It's becoming very real to me that our life here in this home is quickly coming to an end.
The memories here are going to stop.
And, yes, while new ones will begin.
This day, these boxes, marks the end.

We have lived in this house for three years.
Three years of laugter.
Three years of learning.
Three years of life lessons.
Three years of love.
This is our home.

Boxes.
Boxes flood our garage.
Boxes fill our hallways.
Eli's room sit's empty with his crib and dresser.
The cabinets no longer hold our dishes.
The walls are bare with the exception of that paint, which I still love so much.

As I packed our belongings into brown boxes my mind raced.
Thinking about the stories this house holds.
The funny memories of how the paint got on the wall and how long it took us.
The time I sat in the closet crying over our first little blessing taken before we knew him/her.
The many conversations Ryan and I shared sitting on our staircase.
The night before we moved in, sneaking into the house to see the final product.
I thought about the smell that first day moving in.
With every room I packed, I thought.
Packed and thought.

I will miss this house.
I really do love this house.
It's hard to imagine more, and frankly it's hard to imagine us not in it.
Today, I realized what I can't imagine will soon be.
Come Tuesday we will be gone.
Starting fresh, leaving something we love.
This house has been a wonderful home.
A home we have been blessed to call our own.
Soon it will hold these stories that the new owner will never know of.

As I sat packing boxes, thinking through the countless memoriess we have created in this home,
I packed them too.
One by one,
in my heart.
Holding them closer then our possesions.

With boxes in the garage of our stuff.
And boxes of memories packed in my heart.
The time is coming close,
and farewell to a faithful home will soon be here.

My stomach hurts, and it's not because I am hungry.
The knot in my gut is big.
I am ready to face what's next,
but so, so sad to let go of a blessing we were so honored to call our own.

Boxes. Packed.
Our home is getting empty.
A new journey is about to embark.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Des. My heart aches for you! But, when I look at what lies ahead for you I am excited! There is no better place to be than in the will of God and it sounds like you and Ryan are doing just that. I'll be praying for an easy transition and that the sadness will go away quickly. I wish I had some great words of wisdom for you, but I don't. So, instead I'll just send some electronic hugs.

    **HUGS** :-)

    ReplyDelete